Here at Raddenstiles Veterinary Surgery we are able to offer more complex treatment options in the disciplines of orthopaedics and soft tissue surgery and Small Animal and Feline medicine.
If you would like to refer a case, please use our online referral form.
Soft Tissue and Orthopaedics Referral Service
Located at our main surgery in Exmouth, is carried out by Chris Ridge B Vet Med BSAVA PG Cert SAS MRCVS.
Chris has a postgraduate certificate in Small Animal Surgery from the BSAVA and has extensive surgical skills ranging from cruciate surgery, including Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomy (TPLO), Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) and Cranial Closing Wedge Osteotomy (CCWO) to Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) and Thoracic surgery, including PDA ligation.
- Lameness investigation.
- Cruciate Disease.
- Fracture Repairs.
- Corrective Osteotomies.
- Patella Luxation.
Soft tissue surgery:
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery including Spays, Cryptorchidectomies and Biopsies.
- Brachycephalic disease – BOAS airway surgery by folding flap Palatoplasty.
- Ear disease – TECA/ lateral wall resection and bulla osteotomy.
- Biliary tract and intestinal surgery.
- Thoracic Surgery including PDA Ligation and lung lobectomy.
- Trauma reconstruction.
- Complex tumour removals and reconstructive surgery.
Chris is also happy to perform a full range of dental surgical procedures including feline total extractions.
Small Animal Medicine and Feline Medicine Referral service
We are also able to treat complex internal and feline medicine cases under the supervision of Dr Gabi Habacher Dr Med Vet Cert SAM MANZCVS (Medicine of Cats) MRCVS, who has an RCVS Certificate in Small animal Medicine and a ANZCVS certificate in Medicine of Cats.
Gabi has an affinity for medical mysteries as well as treating a range of conditions which require detailed investigation and analysis.
We are well equipped to deal with the following:
- Respiratory conditions (coughing, nasal disease)
- Gastrointestinal conditions
- Urinary tract conditions (renal failure, haematuria, polyuria/polydipsia)
- Oesophageal Gastrointestinal conditions
- Haematological conditions (anaemia, thrombocytopenia, coagulopathies)
- Endocrine conditions (diabetes mellitus, hyper-adrencorticism)
- Hepatopathies, pancreatic conditions
- Infectious disease
Referrals from within our clinics and referrals from other practices in the surrounding area are treated at Exmouth on a daily basis.
Support for the Raddenstiles Veterinary Surgery Referrals Service is provided by the Raddenstiles practice team.